Thursday, February 24, 2011

we dont always have a happy ending...



Engulfed in a sea of sheets I woke up with a sudden jolt. The clock beside me on the chestnut bureau flashed 6:32 am .I was already off to a late start to further pursue the arrangements I had made for the day .My first stop was to meet Amy at our local Starbucks to portray a sense of regularity in her eyes, so nothing would seem out of place until the peak of surprise was unveiled .As I was watching in admiration I listened to the soft voice of a girl too pretty for me. She was mine. Mine all mine what did I do to deserve her? What did she see in my decor? I was just a homely man who consisted of scraggly brown hair paired with a leather jacket that had been worn too many times to count. Underneath I showed off the new ,already dirty pullover that my brother gave me for my birthday just two weeks previous. I was lucky and I knew that. As elementary as it was, simple was my style. It also I guess was an adjective that came to govern my life. I was okay with that though .I liked who I was and how my life was turning out. After all if my luck continued tonight would change my life for the better. We had been dating for two years the first time I decided I wanted Amy to be my wife. Now we had been trudging along through the story we called our lives for the past six years. This time I would follow through with it, I wouldn't let my fear get the best of me. Several hours later the sun was setting, outlined with a glimmer of pink encompassed by a streamline radiating like the sun .The reservations were made. My suit dry cleaned. Everything was in place for the big night. I climbed the dusty jagged staircase which the first time I saw it I thought it would lead to my death. As I clenched my knuckles to form just about to knock on the wood panel called the door. I heard a whisper; it was coming from around the corner .What I was about to see would bruise my heart forever , there she was, Amy in all of her beauty was kissing Him .The next few weeks were a blur but would always serve as a reminder that we don't always get our happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment